Monday, 8 February 2016
1. I've been loving burrito bowls. A bit healthier than the ones with wraps (well maybe not with the amount of soured cream and guac I like) and this one looks so colourful! The pulled, shredded is a pain to do but totally worth it.
2. A quick selfie before I nipped out to visit my parents in the snow the other weekend. I was all wrapped up in my cape, it's so cosy.
3. I spotted a Slimming World garlic/Fanta chicken recipe on Facebook and gave it a go with leftover roast chicken. It was so tasty and quite low calorie.
4. We've got a wedding dance at the end of February and I fancied getting a new dress. I quite often wear something floral for weddings but it didn't feel right in winter. This gorgeous dress is from Quiz and it's quite a flattering shape and design.
5. We had a catch up dinner date with our friends last week and we couldn't resist the Jack Daniels Honey Cheesecake. It was delicious and because we shared it I didn't feel so guilty.
6. Another selfie, this time I was trying out the Snapchat filters. I've got a chefs hat on my head, you just can't see it. I think my necklace is a nicer accessory to have!
7. I finally bought myself a Fitbit Charge HR. My boyfriend has had his a year now and he seemed to love it. I'm looking forward to seeing how many steps I do at work. It's quite motivating already, I went out a walk yesterday morning to get my count up.
8. Our barometer seemed to plunge down to stormy yesterday morning and it's never normally wrong! Keeping my fingers crossed for a storm day off work.
9. My Sunday afternoon treat on the couch (while catching up with Pretty Little Liars) was some melted Nutella with banana and apple to dip in. Mmmmm!
Sunday, 7 February 2016
Boots: New Look
Dress: Forever 21
Boots: New Look
Cardigan: George @ Asda
Necklace: New Look
Shirt: George @ Asda
Bracelets: Pandora and Joma
Watch: Michael Kors
Boots: New Look
Cardigan: New Look
Boots: New Look
Friday, 5 February 2016
My skin reacts really quickly to stress which means a busy week at work or lots of deadlines means I'm soon battling blemishes and redness galore - in particular on my chin. I've tried a few different spot products but at the end of last year I discovered my little skin secret. A favourite of Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Lara Stone, the classic bathroom cabinet product, sudocrem.
Sudocrem works wonders overnight. It draws out toxins while healing at the same time. It's good for reducing redness and calming down any troubled areas. It definitely helps stop them feeling so sore. It's also a handy little face mask if you're looking for an over-night glow or a bit of moisturising.
I had an old tub tucked away in my beauty stash until I realised you could get a skincare specific tube. It's the perfect size for in your makeup bag or popped in the pocket of your handbag and a bit easier to use than scooping it out of the tub. It's also a complete bargain compared to some other spot products and is one you can trust!
Thursday, 4 February 2016
Whether you’re planning on spending Valentine’s Day with your boyfriend or are off on a first date, you’re going to want to impress. Regardless of where he’s taking you, dinner at your local Prezzo or somewhere a little more fancy, you’ll want to look and feel great. The most important thing when it comes to date night fashion, looking sexy aside, is feeling confident. If you don’t feel good in what you’re wearing, it’ll show, so it’s important that you get your style spot on.
Let’s talk outfits
The first thing that you need to do is think about your outfit - picking what to wear can often be the most daunting part of preparing for a date. What you need to think about is where you’re going for your date, and dress in a way that suits the place. For example, for dinner at Zizzi's or Giraffe, skinny jeans, a pretty top and heeled black boots would be perfect. However, for dinner at somewhere a little classier, it might be best to opt for a more formal look.
The good news is that no matter where you’re going, you can’t go wrong with a plain, black dress. Or, as it’s Valentine’s Day, how about swapping your trusty little black dress for a slinky red number? As long as it’s a cut that falls to or below the knee and flatters your body shape, no matter where you’re going, it will be perfect. The great thing about plain dresses is that you can dress them up or dress them down with a few chic accessories.
And on that note, onto accessories. When it comes to brightening up your look and adding style, accessories are your best friend. The key to styling any look is, of course, accessories. From bags and heels to jewellery and jackets, there are plenty of items to play around with. You probably already have shops that you swear by for your accessories buying. But if you fancy giving something different ago, check out www.desummaandwexler.com. The jewellery on offer here is beautiful and perfect for teaming with a simple dress to make a statement. To ensure that you stand out for all the right reasons, it’s essential that you dress and accessories match in colour and style.
Valentine’s Day only comes once a year, so when it comes to your hair and makeup, the chances are you want to go all out. How about having a browse online to find some Valentine’s Day makeup looks and tutorials? Or some new hairstyle to try out? Personally, I find that Pinterest is great for inspiration, so it’s worth having a look on here. For some amazing hair and makeup looks, check out http://www.harpersbazaar.com. If you do decide to go for a new look, make sure to practice it a couple of times before the big night, just to ensure that you’ve got it spot on.