We went to our first Wedding Fayre this month and I wanted to share my fun and freebies. There was actually 2 on the same day and we chose the one that was further away but the one that was much bigger and sponsored by lots of companies. With sponsors comes freebies! The first 50 brides got a free goodie bag. We were there 15 minutes before it opened and there was already a queue forming. The goodie bag was made up of wedding magazines including the Scottish Wedding Directory. There was also some Crabtree & Evelyn products and Lush Honey I Washed The Kids soap. Throughout the afternoon I also enjoyed a glass of prosecco, a few sweeties and lots of wedding cake samples. We played in the photo-booth and had a shot of the new selfie mirror photo booths. There was a wedding dress fashion show and the chance to get loads of prices and ideas!
My top tips for making the most out of wedding fayres:
- Decide what your priorities are before you go and take the right people with you. If it's big decisions that need to be made right at the beginning take your Fiancé. If the dress is a big focus take your Mum or bridesmaids.
- Try and visit everyone - you might already have your venue booked but it can give you ideas and inspiration for decoration, menu and space for money negotiation.
- Ask questions. If you need to find out more information the exhibitors are there to help, lets face it they want a sale too!
- Take business cards. Once you've had a chance to compare and decide AFTER the event you've got a way of getting in contact. Remember to tell them you met them at the Wedding Fayre and you might just get a discount.
- Take your time and enjoy the experience!
Have you got any wedding planning advice? Anything you regret not getting? Or anything that completely made your day?