One of the hardest parts of fake tanning is being organised. Having fuzz free legs, exfoliated skin, time to tan and time for it to develop all before you plan to head out doesn't come easy. Even more of a nightmare if it's an unplanned night out! That's why I was so excited to try the 10 Minute Tan by NKD Skin.
This must be the quickest working tan ever. You apply it like a body lotion then 10 minutes later you shower and your tan starts to develop gradually over the next 4-8 hours. Sounds amazing but there's a few things that I don't love.
- The 10minutes between applying it and heading for the shower are the longest and most awkward 10 minutes ever. All fake tanned up and standing around waiting.
- The colour isn't amazing. I feel like this is more of a gradual tan rather than a proper fake tan. There's a definite change of colour after the hours pass but it never leaves me looking like a bronzed goddess or that I've spent a week in the Caribbean.
It's not all bad. It's still got pride of place in my bathroom ready to use. The things I do love...
- Absolutely no tan stains and sticky clothes. 10 minutes and shower it off means it's not all over your sheets as you sleep through the developing time. I suppose this makes the cold, naked 10minutes worth it.
- The squeeze tube and creamy lotion is easy to use and creamy, not sticky and smelly.
- You can use it on your face and body. You don't need to worry about trying to match with different products. It didn't make my face feel dirty or suffocated with thick lotion.
- So I had a bit of a moan about not looking like I'd been abroad but this tan is definitely natural looking, not at all orange and builds well so you can use it day after day if you want to. Let's face it, people might believe this is real!
What do you think? Does #TanShowerGlow sound up your street?