My girly holiday to Tunisia is fast approaching and I'm getting so excited. I can't wait to lie in the sun, sipping on cocktails, relaxing after a tough 4 years at uni in preparation for my first year as a teacher. I'm quite an organised person so packing started quite early, with lists being written left right and centre! I thought I'd share with you my holiday must haves and essentials just in case packing is last minute and hectic for you.
- Passport - you'll be going nowhere without it.
- Travel Insurance
- Booking confirmations & flight information/boarding passes/tickets
- The correct currency, some change (for tipping) and some GBP for duty free purchases or any trips your planning through your travel company.
- I won't need if for this trip but a European Health Insurance Card is a must have for travelling in Europe.
- Not a document but make sure your suitcase stands out - a bright luggage tag or ribbon so that you know it's yours as soon as you see it on the conveyer belt.
- A bikini which fits well and is comfortable - there's no point taking bikinis that you've never tried on! I'm away for 7 days but am only taking 4 bikinis, I'll be able to mix and match.
- Sunglasses - they don't have to be expensive but make sure they have the correct UV protection. Remember a case too to keep them safe.
- A maxi dress - a must have which can take you from on the beach to out for dinner.
- Comfortable flip-flops - you might end up walking a lot so don't wear flip flops that look nice but rip your feet to shreds.
- A travelling outfit - there's nothing worse than landing in the UK to rain and wind and your left shivering in your shorts and t-shirt showing off your tan.
- A cardigan - a light cover up for night time.
- Underwear! You might be spending the days in your bikini but you still need underwear for the night times!
- Comfortable, lightweight clothes. This is for if you're planning to go on any excursions in countries where lots of flesh on show isn't acceptable. If you're visiting other places you have to respect their cultures.
- Beach Bag - you'll need a decent sized bag that can carry your essentials down to the beach or pool.
- Suncream - you need to protect your skin even if getting a tan is your holiday mission
- Aftersun - an essential for soothing sunburn.
- insect repellent - as essential as suncream!
- paracetamol - you never know when a sore head will creep up on you.
- Plasters & anti-septic cream - you need to be prepared.
- All your usuals - toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, deodrant, razor, cleanser, moisturiser. I prefer to get the travel sized ones or put them into the travel size bottles (£1 from Primark) but it might be worth sharing with whoever your travelling with.
- I'm keeping the makeup minimum as it's a beach holiday rather than a party holiday - a light foundation, waterproof mascara, lip balm, bronzer & powder for nights.
- Heat defence, argan oil, leave in conditioner, clips and bobbles - don't want the sun & sea to cause straw hair.
- A universal adapter is essential or else you'll not be able to use anything you take with you.
- I take an extension lead as well to make sure I can charge different things at the same time
- Phone charger, Camera charger, Kindle charger (and your phone, camera with accessories and kindle obviously)
- Hair dryer (if the hotel doesn't have one), straighteners and curlers
What a list! Anything you think I'm missing?
Are you jetting off anywhere this year?